The Chicago Department of family and Support Services (DFSS) is seeking proposals from qualified organizations interested in serving as Youth Ready Chicago Career Development Centers for Region 2. The career development center will design and implement a youth workforce development program in its region of the City for young people ages 14-24 focused on career awareness, exploration and preparation.
The performance outcomes for the center include:
- Engaging youth in meaningful, developmental and age-appropriate career learning experiences.
- Helping youth attain work-readiness skills needed for employment, such as responsibility, accountability, and initiative.
- Providing youth the opportunity to earn money for work during out of school time in employment that enhances self-esteem and reduces exposure to academic, social and behavioral risk factors.
- Developing an individual service strategy and being responsive to each young person’s interests and goals. All centers will use the “Equip for the Future” curriculum to deliver soft skilled training and plan experiential and work- based learning opportunities.
- Designing employer engagement activities that lead to both private and public sector youth job placements.
- Committing to a standard staffing pattern that includes a full-time, dedicated program coordinator, employer engagement specialist and case manager.
DFSS expects to award up to $225,000 to a Career Development Center in each one of the six regions. Interested organizations can access this RFP at www.cityofchicago.org/fss.
Proposals are due March 22, 2010 at 4:30pm
Proposals will be evaluated based on the criteria outlined in the RFP, including programmatic experience; organizational and administrative/ fiscal capacity and experience; project design, and cost effectiveness. The selected organization will be required to provide a 15% match of requested funding from sources other than DFSS, e.g. private foundations, individual donors etc. In addition, respondents should be aware that payment for services by the City is made on a reimbursement basis.
This is a competitive procurement process open to all entities: non-profit, for profit, faith-based private and public who are licensed to operate in the State of Illinois. For more information please contact Mary Ellen Messner at 312-743-1887 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org